We will inform you about the viewing time, closing days, admission fees, and notes of Seodaemun Prison History Museum.
- Operating Hours
- Summer season (March to October): 09:30~18:00
- Winter season (November to February): 09:30~17:00
- The last entrance is 30 minutes before the end of the exhibition.
- Closed on
- January 1st, Seollal (Lunar New Year's Day), Chuseok (Thanksgiving Day)
Every Monday (The following day when Monday is a holiday)
- Admission Fee
|Adults ||KRW 3,000 ||KRW 1,200 ||Age 19 to 64
|Teenagers ||KRW 1,500 ||KRW 1,200 ||Age 13 to 18
|Children ||KRW 1,000 ||KRW 800 ||Age 7 to 12
|Soldiers ||KRW 1,500 ||KRW 1,200 ||Ranked sergeant or below in a military uniform
|Senior Citizens ||Free ||Free ||Age 65 or above
|Age 65 or above ||Free ||Free ||Age 65 or above
|Age 6 or under handicapped ||Free ||Free ||Free for handicapped people with welfare card (Grades 1 to 3) and one companion
- ※ A group must consist of 20 people or more.
- ※ 50 % discount for residents of Seodaemun-gu and elementary schools, middle schools, and high schools in Seodaemun-gu, 20 % discount for people with a ticket of Seodaemun Museum of Natural History
- ※ Free tickets (for senior citizens, disabled, beneficiaries of National Veterans Affairs, and toddlers) and discounted tickets (Seodaemun-gu, Museum of Natural History) are only purchased and issued at the ticket office.
- Notice for Visitors of the History Hall
- Please observe the following to protect our precious cultural assets and keep the order of the exhibition facilities.
- Smoking is prohibited in all areas inside the history hall.
- Food and pets other than guide dogs are prohibited in the history hall.
- Please switch your phone to a vibration mode before entering the exhibition hall.
- Please be quiet and refrain from running around the precincts of the history hall.
- Individuals wearing shoes with wheels are not allowed to enter the precincts of the history hall.
- Please do not touch the exhibits or engage in any acts that may damage the exhibits.
- Non-flash photography is permitted on a limited basis, however flash photography, tripods, and photographs for commercial use are not permitted.
- Bicycles, kick boards, inline skates, and skateboards are prohibited in the area of the history hall.
- Please do not disturb other people by wearing excessively informal outfits like slippers.